- Unique combination of nutrients supports three aspects of healthy bones—bone formation, calcium absorption, and inhibition of bone loss.*
- Novel sources of calcium and vitamin K for enhanced benefits not found in other bone health products; these ingredients have also been shown to support joint and cardiovascular health.*
- Cutting-edge formula based on current research with clinicallysubstantiated levels of bone support nutrients.*
- Bone Formula provides 500 mg of calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D per daily dose.*
What Makes This Product Unique?
Bone Formula provides a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to help maintain proper bone structure and function. Bone Formula provides nutritionally meaningful levels of calcium and vitamin D when combined with a healthy diet. With novel sources of calcium and vitamin K, Bone Formula provides added health benefits.*
Who Should Use This Product?
This product is intended for individuals who want to maintain the proper structure and function of healthy bones. Adequate calcium intake is linked to good bone health by slowing bone loss in menopausal or middle age women, persons with a family history of bone health concerns, and elderly men and women.
Did You Know?
- Postmenopausal women, individuals with lactose intolerance, or vegans are at highest risk for inadequate calcium intake
- Compared to children 6 to 12 years of age, teenagers 13 to 17 years of age consume 124% more soda and 20% less milk
- More than 40 million Americans are affected by—or are at high risk for—osteoporosis
- Healthcare costs for bone-related conditions far exceed $30 billion per year
- Most women achieve peak bone mass around 20 years of age
Frequently Asked Questions
What sources of calcium does Bone Formula provide?
Bone Formula blends three excellent sources of calcium (lithothamnion, calcium malate, and calcium ascorbate). Lithothamnion is a new exciting source of calcium derived from mineralized seaweed that can only be found in certain sub-oceanic locations throughout the world. During its life cycle, this unique seaweed absorbs nutrients from the clear, cold, pollution free, mineral-rich Atlantic waters. This all-natural plant source of minerals contains important levels of key bone nutrients such as calcium and magnesium. Calcium malate and calcium ascorbate provide complementary sources of calcium that are bioavailable and well tolerated. Calcium supplementation can promote healthy bone formation in young adults and support healthy bone integrity in the elderly.*
What is the role of vitamin K2 in Bone Formula?
Bone Formula delivers a special form of vitamin K known as menaquinone, or vitamin K2. Studies have shown that K2 is more active
than vitamin K1 in maintaining bone health. Vitamin K2 also delivers
cardiovascular benefits, a benefit not found in regular vitamin K1.* A recent study investigated the effects of vitamin K1 as compared to vitamin K2 in two European populations; the group that consumed vitamin K2 showed bone health benefits that continued to increase throughout the study, whereas the efficacy of K1 plateaued within a few days.
Why is vitamin D included in Bone Formula?
The role of vitamin D in calcium and bone metabolism is well established. There are a number of clinical trials documenting the benefits of supplemental vitamin D for maintaining normal bone health and calcium metabolism, especially in the elderly. Although vitamin D is produced in the skin upon sunlight exposure, marginal vitamin D status is common—especially in the elderly living in the northern latitudes of the U.S. and Canada. As a result, vitamin D supplementation from multivitamins in the amount of 400 IU daily is recommended.*
What is the role of magnesium in Bone Formula?
Magnesium is the second most abundant bone mineral and appears to be as important for bone health as calcium, especially as marginal or inadequate magnesium intake is a significant concern in the U.S. Magnesium is involved in the regulation of calcium transport and metabolism and, as such, assumes a key role in bone formation.
Is Bone Formula safe?
Bone Formula is safe and there are no known adverse reactions when taken at the recommended dosage.
INGREDIENTS: Calcium carbonate/Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium salts of citric acid, Capsule (Gelatine, Water), Magnesium bisglycinate, Calcium malate, Calcium-L-ascorbate, Bulking agent: Cross-linked sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, Anti-caking agent: Fatty acids, Zinc gluconate, Menaquinone, Anti-caking agent: Silicon dioxide, Manganese bisglycinate, Bulking agent: Microcrystalline cellulose, Cholecalciferol, Cupric gluconate.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.