- Improves skin’s moisture-binding capabilities.
- Increases moisture level, making skin feel supple and smooth and hair feel silky soft.
- Protects against the damaging, drying effects of wind, polluted air, and other environmental influences.
- Can be used to set makeup.
- Safety-allergy-dermatologist tested.
- Sodium PCA—binds water to the skin to help maintain an optimal moisture level.
- Hyaluronic acid—binds moisture to your skin and hair.
- Spray generously on face, hair, and body whenever you need a refreshing moisture boost.
- Mirror demonstration—spray NaPCA Moisture Mist and water onto two separate hand-held mirrors or onto different sections of the same mirror. Wait approximately 15 minutes. You will see that the water has evaporated, but the NaPCA Moisture Mist is still on the mirror. This visually demonstrates how humectants such as NaPCA, hyaluronic acid, and others hold on to water in the formula, keeping it from evaporating. In this same way, these humectants bind to water present in the formula and hold it to your skin, so the water cannot dry and dissipate into the air.
- Apricot demonstration—fill a small jar with NaPCA Moisture Mist and place a dried apricot in it. Seal the jar. Fill another small jar with mineral oil (an ingredient found in many moisturisers) and place a dried apricot into it. Seal this jar. After a few hours, you will see that the NaPCA Moisture Mist has actually plumped the dried apricot, but the mineral oil has not. This demonstration can be saved for many weeks or months, and the NaPCA Moisture Mist apricot will still be plump and the mineral oil apricot will still be shriveled. This demonstrates how NaPCA and other humectants bind and draw moisture to the skin.
- The humectant NaPCA is a component of skin that is believed to be partly responsible for the skin’s moisture retention ability.
- NaPCA can absorb massive amounts of water; is non-toxic, colourless, and odourless; and has been shown to be as mild to the skin as water.
- Although NaPCA is abundant in human skin, the cold, wind, and heat often dry your skin, giving it a flaky, rough feeling. By applying products with ingredients such as NaPCA, you can help eliminate these negative environmental factors. NaPCA works by retaining the water already in your skin and by attracting moisture from the atmosphere to your skin.
- NaPCA Moisture Mist is great for use when you’re out boating, playing at the beach, or poolside. Feel fresh as you travel by car or plane; cool off at home by keeping it in the refrigerator.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is NaPCA?
NaPCA stands for sodium pyrolidone carboxylic acid, and is a powerful humectant that binds water to your skin.
Where does NaPCA come from?
NaPCA is derived from the fermentation of soybeans.
Which skin type should use NaPCA Moisture Mist?
NaPCA Moisture Mist provides light hydration for individuals with very oily skin or for any skin type that is in need of a refreshing moisture boost.
Is it okay to store NaPCA Moisture Mist in the refrigerator?
Yes. Storing NaPCA Moisture Mist in the refrigerator during the summer is a great way to have a cool, refreshing experience anytime.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fructose, Glycine, Inositol, Lactic Acid, Niacinamide, Urea, PPG-5- Ceteth-20, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate.