EPOCH AVA PUHI MONI ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO BENEFITS:
- Gentle enough to be used daily, even on permed or color-treated hair.
- Helps control and prevent dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Zinc Pyrithione to help control dandruff.
- Contains the ethnobotanical ingredient ava puhi for healthy luster and shine.
- Contains Clematis vitalba, used by ancient Europeans to soothe dry, flaking skin.
- Contains the ethnobotanical ingredients sage and nettle, used by Native Americans to help alleviate the symptoms of dandruff.
- Safety-allergy-dermatologist tested.
- A donation of $0.25 from each Epoch product sold goes to the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation,™ a nonprofit organization committed to creating a better world for children by improving human life, continuing indigenous cultures, and protecting fragile environments.
- Clematis (Clematis vitalba) leaves—used by ancient Europeans to soothe dry, flaky skin.
- Sage and nettle—soothe skin.
- Ava puhi—a Polynesian bulb-like flower that gently cleanses and conditions the scalp, leaving hair looking healthy.
- Zinc pyrithione—helps treat dandruff by preventing itching, scaling, and irritation.
Ava puhi is a natural ingredient known for its conditioning, smooth- ing, and shine-enhancing benefits. For generations, Polynesians have squeezed nectar from the ava puhi bulb-like flower directly onto their hair to wash and condition it. Epoch ava puhi shampoos and conditioners are called Ava puhi moni because “ava puhi moni” means “true ava puhi” (the word “moni” in Hawaiian means “true”). Epoch is the only line of products that uses the correct part of the plant as used by the indigenous people of Hawaii. To grow and cultivate the ava puhi plant for use in Epoch hair care products, Nu Skin has established a relationship with an independent agri- cultural source on the islands of Polynesia.
Wet hair, then massage shampoo into hair and scalp. Leave in for 1–2 minutes, then rinse. Repeat if necessary. For best results, use daily. Follow with Epoch Ava puhi moni Conditioner.
USE IT WITH
- Epoch Ava puhi moni Conditioner — this ethnobotanical condi- tioner is formulated with the bulb-like flower cluster extract of the ava puhi plant to give hair body and shine.
- Perennial® Intense Body Moisturizer — an intense moisturiser with IBR Dormin used all over the body to help moisturise and protect dry skin from environmental stress.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is it okay to use Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo every day?
A: Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is great for daily use. Because it combines the power of the proven dandruff fighting ingredient zinc pyrithione with the hair conditioning benefits of the ava puhi plant, Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is effective and pleasant enough to use daily.
Q: What causes dandruff?
A: Most specialists believe that dandruff is linked to a tiny fungus that lives naturally on the scalp. For most, this fungus lives peacefully on skin, but for people with dandruff, the skin reacts abnormally to the presence of this fungus. This causes the rate of cell renewal to speed from 28 days to 11 days, and the cells are shed in large noticeable clumps (flakes).
Q: Which ingredients in Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo fight dandruff?
A: The proven dandruff fighting ingredient zinc pyrithione helps control dandruff while clematis extract, helps soothe flaky skin.
How long will it take for me to see results using Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo?
Results will vary depending on the severity of your dandruff, but most people notice improvement within two weeks.
Can I use a conditioner with Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo?
Yes, if your hair needs additional conditioning, apply Epoch Ava puhi moni Conditioner or the Nu Skin conditioner of your choice after shampooing.
Atrevida (Brazil), circulation 87,000
The August 2003 edition of Atrevida highlights Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. The article explains that it is a good product to use if you want to “treat the hair while maintaining its health.”
Health (U.S.A.), circulation 1,350,000
The June 2003 issue of Health magazine features Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in an article entitled, “Flake’Em Out!” The article discusses the fight against dandruff and four different treatment options, including Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. The article reads, “Dandruff is often considered a winter problem, but those who have it know it’s a year-round battle…your options now go well beyond shampoo…Nu Skin Epoch Ava Puhi Moni Anti-Dandruff Shampoo wooed us with its tropical-fruit scent. Many people use their dandruff shampoo a few times a week, then a regular product the rest of the time. But this one smells so fresh and leaves hair so shiny, you’ll want to use it every day.” The other anti-dandruff treatments mentioned in the article include Dep Sport 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff & Styling Gel, Neutrogena T-Gel Overnight Dandruff Treatment, and Head & Shoulders Dandruff Conditioner Dry Scalp Care. The Nu Skin website and 800 number are listed in the buyers’ guide.
Active Ingredients: Zinc Pyrithione 1%.
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/C10-30 Alkyl PEG-20 Itaconate Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Cocamide MIPA, Dimethicone, Zingiber Zerumbet (Ava puhi moni) Juice, Clematis Vitalba Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Root Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance (Parfum), Methyl chloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.